The Performa™ Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA printhead delivers best-in-class jetting accuracy combined with versatile grayscale operation. Its lightweight, thin-profile design and configurability plus support for a broad range of ink formulations makes this printhead model particularly suited to scanning printer architectures and applications.
Dimatix continues building upon its long history of excellent dot placement accuracy, channel-to-channel uniformity, low cross talk, and high-frequency/high-productivity with the Q-Class Sapphire printhead family.
The Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA printhead features 256 independent channels, arranged in a single row of nozzles at 100 dots-per-inch spacing. It is designed to eject adjustable 30 to 80 picoliter drops in binary jetting mode or a 30-picoliter fundamental drop in grayscale mode. This is done at a nominal 8-meter per second drop velocity when jetting fluids in the 10 to 14 centipoise range.
Dimatix’ breakthrough VersaDrop™ jetting technology is featured within the Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA printhead. It allows unparalleled flexible modes of operation including adjustable binary drop size and grayscale capability at unprecedented throughput rates.
The rugged, field proven material set selected for the Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA printhead deliver long service life and consistent output.
Using tailored waveforms and a durable, inert silicon nozzle plate to provide best-in-class drop placement accuracy, a wide range of ink formulations are accommodated including UV-curable, organic solvent and aqueous-based inks and associated maintenance fluids.
Precision registration points have been added to the printhead to provide absolute reference to the nozzles to within a few microns. This makes it possible to nest printheads together for high packing densities.
Shared physical features and identical interfaces as other Q-Class products allow the Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA to be intermingled with the same or complementary printhead models to create a multitude of single and multiple-color configurations.
Each 256-channel Sapphire printhead is offered with an integral temperature sensor and a configurable, dual-ported fluid interface comprised of O-ring face mounts or barbed fittings to facilitate fast flushing or recirculation of inks.
Printhead operational temperature can be up to 90° C. The driver chip is double buffered to support the Sapphire QS-256/30 AAA high-speed jetting capability
The following items are expressly excluded from warranty coverage:
- defects related, in any way, to the use of non-original inks
- clogged, missing or deviated nozzles
- defects related to misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, lack of use, or improper storage when not in use for extended periods
- defects related to failure to perform periodic maintenance as specified in the user documentation; operation for unintended purposes
- defects related to improper loading of media
- all other defects, failures or damage not considered manufacturing defects
- defects related to third-party applications, software, parts, components, or peripheral devices, including any bulk ink system.
- defects that are merely cosmetic in nature.
- Technology: VersaDrop™ jetting
- Print Width: 64.77mm (2.55")
- Nominal Drop Size: 30 picoliter
- Adj. Range for Droplet Size: 30 to 80 picoliter
- Tot. Amount of Nozzles: 256
- Nozzle Spacing: 254 microns
- Firing Frequency: 33 kHz (12 kHz for 80 picoliter droplets)
- Operating Temperature: up to 90°C
- Ink Compatibility: UV curable, Organic solvents, and aqueous inks
- O-rings included
This printhead includes hose barbs.
This printhead carries a manufacturer warranty. Country of origin : Japan